Who We Are:
Montana Instruments Corporation is a manufacturer of high performance low temperature (<4K) and low vibration integrated optical and electrical experimental platforms. Our mission is to make cold science simple for researchers through ease-of-use and automated operation. We address the needs of the physics, material science and nanotechnology research industry.
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech company in Bozeman, Montana, is seeking an Technical Sales Scientist.
We encourage an engaging and dynamic team culture based on effectiveness, humility, and individual expertise. By joining our Sales & Marketing team, you will be a brand ambassador and contributor to a team that understands and offers high-end solutions to the next generation of researchers worldwide. You will interact with world leading experts in cryogenic engineering and contribute innovative ideas to address the needs of this scientific research community.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generating new sales leads and staying up-to-date with research trends
- Nurturing relationships with existing and prospective customers
- Guiding prospective customers through the buying process and closing sales
- Understanding the needs of the scientific community and relaying information to engineering and product development teams
- Travelling to customer sites and scientific conferences (domestic and international)
- Writing and editing application oriented content for sales collateral
- Creatively solving technical challenges with the support of in-house engineering teams
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Master’s degree in scientific discipline (Physics, Engineering, etc.) || Ph.D or post-doctoral experience is preferred
- Possess knowledge of the sales process or have prior scientific sales experience || >3 years sales experience is preferred
- Hands-on research experience with laser optics and optical table setup
- Prior knowledge or willingness to learn about cryogenic and low vibration mechanical design
- Must be willing to travel within the US and internationally
Successful candidates may:
- Be familiar with scientific instrumentation, including cryogenic and vacuum systems
- Possess the ability to communicate effective solutions to scientific audiences
- Willingness to learn new scientific information and be able to discuss a wide set of application areas
- Possess strong curiosity, a creative mindset, and good listening skills
- Be willing to relocate to Bozeman, Montana
Montana Instruments offers excellent Health benefits, including dental and vision, as well as a generous profit sharing plan.
PLEASE APPLY HERE!