Mechanical Engineer II
About Montana Instruments
Montana Instruments is the premier cryogenics company accelerating quantum discovery. We build market-leading systems for our partners in the quantum journey and have enjoyed 10+ years of validated success.
We are looking for
Montana Instruments is looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer to join our Custom Engineering (CE) team. In this role, you’ll join a high-performing, cross-functional team where you’ll contribute to the design and development of new cryogenic products for specific customer applications. We are looking for an energetic team player with a history of driving tasks to completion and shepherding new designs from customer idea to production.
· Designs, tests, and documents complex parts and assemblies
· Works closely with the Sales team and customers to understand technical requirements and develop solutions
· Works across company departments to communicate needs, clear project roadblocks, accomplish tasks, and align work with company priorities
· Develops and maintains documentation for core engineering processes and procedures
· Participates in technical design reviews
· Determines root cause and corrective actions for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of products
· Manages own time as well as leads projects when required
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
· 3-5 years relevant work experience
· Experience with CAD software (SOLIDWORKS preferred) including parts, assemblies, drawings, and simulation
· Must be organized, methodical, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work to an established timeline
· Able to communicate technical concepts verbally and in writing both within and outside the organization
· Fundamental understanding of engineering basic knowledge and scientific principles
· Experience with product development processes(PDP)
· Working knowledge of manufacturing procedures and process flow
· Knowledge of change control principles and form, fit, and function
· Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Experience with design documentation standards and best practices for manufacturing parts and assemblies
· Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and tolerance analysis
· Familiarity with ERP systems and understanding of how engineering and manufacturing interface with these systems
What we offer you
· Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and opportunities for growth
· Comprehensive health & insurance benefits(medical, dental, vision)
· HSA 1:1 match
· Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
· 401k matching up to 3%
· PTO, personal days, and company paid holidays
· Company sponsored team events
Montana Instruments values
In all that Montana Instruments accomplishes, we stay true to our values:
We want to create an environment where champions are enabled in every area of the company. We want to hire people who have the desire and potential to do great things. We want to give people the freedom and responsibility to become champions as part of a professional team.
Montana Instruments is located in Bozeman, Montana, a vibrant town at the foot of the Bridger Mountains within an hour of three great ski hills, several world-class fly-fishing rivers, and plenty of adventure (Yellowstone National Park is just 90 minutes south).
Bozeman is Montana’s biggest tech hub and home to quantum companies like Teledyne, Flir, and ADVR Incorporated, as well as Spectrum Lab and the Borys Lab at Montana State University. It is one of the fastest-growing cities of its size in the nation and regularly recognized as one of America's "coolest" cities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.