Mechanical Engineer III- Technology Development
About Montana Instruments
Montana Instruments is the premier cryogenics company accelerating quantum discovery. We build market-leading systems for our partners in the quantum journey and have enjoyed 10+ years of validated success.
We are looking for
Montana Instruments is looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer to join our Technology Development team. When you join, you will be a critical member of an ambitious, cross-functional team working to pioneer the development of novel product enabling cryogenic technologies. The ideal candidate will bring a strong mechanical engineering background to investigate, design, prototype, and test novel designs and then support the technology transfer to the product development team.
· Design complex mechanical parts and assemblies
· Document designs and work with suppliers to coordinate manufacturing
· Develop test plans and conduct experiments to validate designs and measure performance
· Manages own time and drives projects to completion
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 5+ years relevant work experience
· Expertise in SolidWorks CAD software including parts, assemblies, & drawings
· Experience with modeling, simulation tools, and analytical techniques
· Experience with design documentation standards and best practices
· Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
· Experience designing or operating cryogenic and/or vacuum systems
What we offer you
· Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and opportunities for growth
· Comprehensive health & insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision)
· HSA 1:1 match
· Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
· 401k matching up to 3%
· PTO, personal days, and company paid holidays
· Company sponsored team events
Montana Instruments values
In all that Montana Instruments accomplishes, we stay true to our values:
We want to create an environment where champions are enabled in every area of the company. We want to hire people who have the desire and potential to do great things. We want to give people the freedom and responsibility to become champions as part of a professional team.
Montana Instruments is located in Bozeman, Montana, a vibrant town at the foot of the Bridger Mountains within an hour of three great ski hills, several world-class fly-fishing rivers, and plenty of adventure (Yellowstone National Park is just 90 minutes south).
Bozeman is Montana’s biggest tech hub and home to quantum companies like Teledyne Flir and ADVR Incorporated, as well as Spectrum Lab and the Borys Lab at Montana State University. It is one of the fastest-growing cities of its size in the nation and regularly recognized as one of America's "coolest" cities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.