Production and Inventory Manager
About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments is the premier cryogenics company accelerating quantum discovery. We build market-leading systems for our partners in the quantum journey and have enjoyed 10+ years of validated success.
We Are Looking For:
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech company in Bozeman, Montana, is seeking a Production and Inventory Manager. The Production and Inventory Manager is responsible for oversight and improvement of all manufacturing, inventory management, and shipping activities at Montana Instruments. This is a team leadership role overseeing a diverse group of job functions to achieve the common goal of improving work efficiency, output and quality.This role reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Supports the Operations Manager in developing manufacturing and inventory control strategies and leads the execution of such strategies.
- Establishes departmental goals to support robust manufacturing processes and continuous process improvement.
- Actively responds to and resolves personnel, operational, process, equipment, and maintenance problems to minimize operational disruptions.
- Assists in developing the manufacturing schedule and ensures adherence to the schedule by actively collaborating with procurement, the planning team, and promotes cross-functionality where needed and/or where practical.
- Oversees all material receiving and warehouse management functions.
- Coordinate and control inventory through weekly Cycle Count process and annual Physical Inventory.
- Manage outbound shipping and carrier relations to ensure timely delivery to customers.
- Promotes a culture of high performance, execution, and quality.
- Supports the career development of direct reports through active mentorship.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in production environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team directly involved in production.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience, Epicor ERP is the preferred application.
- Exceptional leadership and cross-functional team-building skills.
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills and an ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Skilled at building and managing schedules, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to multitask, be able to work at a high standard, perform consistently under pressure along with pre-determined deadlines and work without supervision.
- Good communication and personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- A creative and disciplined approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and edit technical documents.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Lean principles and techniques like 5S.
- Understanding of inventory management principles.
- Knowledge of logistics related to coordinating outbound and inbound freight.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- May work evenings or weekends to meet deadlines.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and opportunities for growth.
- Comprehensive health & insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- Company HSA Seed.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability.
- 401k matching up to 3%.
- PTO, personal days, sick days, and company paid holidays.
- Company sponsored team events.
Montana Instruments Values:
In all that Montana Instruments accomplishes, we stay true to our values:
We want to create an environment where champions are enabled in every area of the company. We want to hire people whom have the desire and potential to do great things. We want to give people the freedom and responsibility to become champions as part of a professional team.
Montana Instruments is located in Bozeman, Montana, a vibrant town at the foot of the Bridger Mountains within an hour of three great ski hills, several world-class fly-fishing rivers, and plenty of adventure (Yellowstone National Park is just 90 minutes south).
Bozeman is Montana’s biggest tech hub and home to quantum companies like Teledyne, Flir, and ADVR Incorporated, as well as Spectrum Lab and the Borys Lab at Montana State University. It is one of the fastest-growing cities of its size in the nation and regularly recognized as one of America's "coolest" cities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.