Sales Engineer II
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech Company in Bozeman Montana, is seeking a Sales Engineer II to join our Sales team. The Sales Engineer II is responsible for generating sales revenue in their assigned region by developing pre-sale and post-sale customer relationships and capitalizing on sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the product line and features as they pertain to the target industrial and academic research markets
- Respond to incoming requests for quotations or technical inquiries related to potential sales in the assigned territory
- Provide quotations for pricing and lead time to prospects and customers for both standard and custom systems and components.
- Work with custom engineering and customer service departments, as needed, to drive sales and support existing customers.
- Support sales administrative staff in the processing of incoming orders
- Prospect for new leads and new opportunities based on current research trends
- Attend relevant workshops, conferences, and trade shows, stay abreast of industry trends, continuously improve technical knowledge, and maintain company market visibility
- Maintain data on customers, opportunities, and prospects on all digital platforms
- Meet or exceed order bookings targets for assigned region
- Recruit assistance from custom engineering and customer service departments as needed to drive sales and support existing customers
- Travel domestically (typically 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant scientific field (e.g. chemistry, physics, materials science, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience of customer-facing roles(preferably sales or business development for scientific products)
Desired Experience and Skills
- Able to act as an ambassador for Montana Instruments’ product vision to both the internal team and to the external customers.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with a broad range of audiences.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently.
- Able to prioritize tasks in demanding situations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SalesForce.com
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) with a company match, and PTO.
Please email your resume to email@example.com