Sales Engineer (International)
We Are Looking For:
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech company in Bozeman, Montana, is seeking a Sales Engineer in Europe. The Sales Engineer is responsible for generating sales in the assigned region by developing pre- and post-sale customer relationships and capitalizing on sales opportunities. This role reports to the Sales Manager.
- Develop a working knowledge of the product line and features within the target industrial and academic research markets.
- Respond to incoming requests for quotations or technical inquiries related to potential sales in the assigned territory.
- Provide quotations for pricing and lead time to prospects and customersfor both standard and custom systems and components.
- Work with custom engineering and customer service departments to increasesales and support existing customers.
- Support sales administrative staff in the processing of incoming orders.
- Prospect for new leads and new opportunities based on current research trends.
- Maintain data on customers, opportunities, and prospects on all digital platforms.
- Support international representative network as if they were a direct customer.
- Travel to customer sites and US factory (typically 25%).
- A training period of 1 – 3 months at Bozeman, Montana factory will be required upon hire
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field, MSc or PhD preferred(e.g. chemistry, physics, materials science)
- 3+ years’ experience of customer-facing roles with a minimum of 3 years in a sales role
- Prior experience selling technical or scientific products
- History of meeting quota and growing sales in an assigned territory
- Ability to collect and analyze customer feedback, competitive analysis, and industry trends
- Ability to negotiate with a broad range of audiences
- Ability to lead and motivate teams and people
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently
- Experience with Salesforce.com
What We Offer You:
- We believe and foster a learning culture where global mobility is an important enabler for growth.
- Our learning culture supports you on your journey: benefit from our individual learning opportunities (LinkedIn Learning e.g.), our feedback culture, the internal job portal, global project assignments, or on site training from our academy.
- You will experience a onboarding program, including guidance by a personal buddy.
- We support you and your well-being with different programs like running groups, family parties, team events, and more.
- We offer health insurance, paid leave and retirement benefits.
- Are you missing something? Help shape it and bring in your ideas.
You will travel to our customers throughout Europe. We are flexible with your location in Europe, however Germany would be preferred. #Li-hybrid
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.