Senior Project Manager
About Montana Instruments
Montana Instruments is the premier cryogenics company accelerating quantum discovery. We build market-leading systems for our partners in the quantum journey and have enjoyed 10+ years of validated success.
We are looking for
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech Company in Bozeman, Montana, is seeking a Senior Project Manager. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for developing the project scope, cost estimates, timelines, and management of complex Systems,Process, Product, or other business projects.
You will interface with all functions necessary to bring highly reliable, best inclass, products to market. The primary focus of this position is to plan, facilitate and integrate the development of products. You will be responsible for managing and communicating progress against the established cost, schedule and product experience goals to management and stakeholders. This position is more than tracking schedules and maintaining issue lists. You will be an integral part of the development team, helping the team to select system architecture, work through issues and solve problems. This will require taking a systems integration approach to product development, ensuring that all parts are thoroughly integrated, tested and proven to meet the product requirements.
To be successful you will be a high performer with a rare and specific skill set who will thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment. Your ability to think critically, lead through intellect, deliver quickly, and to partner across a wide variety of functions to drive change in a complex setting will be essential to the rollout of our offerings to the market.
· Develops project scope, cost estimates, human resource requirements, work plans, time schedules, communication plans, and makes work assignments to meet project or program objectives.
· Establishes and monitors program priorities, objectives, and procedures, determining area objectives, targets of service, and resource needs allocation.
· Provides leadership and direction to the functional team so that tasks and activities are coordinated for project scope control, project cost, and project schedule.
· Coordinate all activities in the project including but not limited to; R&D, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Product Management.
· Maintain and improve the company’s Product Development standard operating procedures.
· Develops and maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
· Contribute to the development of strategic initiatives and action plans to anticipate and support the needs of a growth-oriented company.
· Work with internal clients to understand their needs and assess business processes and workflows.
· Assist day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope.
· Minimize risk and formulate contingency plans.
· Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
· Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
· The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred. Thorough knowledge of Project Management principles, concepts and practices.
· 8+ years in project management related to product development.
· Strong communication skills, team work and interpersonal skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to utilize various technologies and tools to effectively manage projects and provide clear and concise communications to teams and stakeholders.
· Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines and expectations while ensuring overall compliance and quality of delivery.
· Relies on extensive experience & judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· General computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
What we offer you:
· Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and opportunities for growth
· Comprehensive health & insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision)
· HSA 1:1 match
· Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
· 401k matching up to 3%
· Paid Time Off (PTO), personal days, and company paid holidays
· Company sponsored team events
In all that Montana Instruments accomplishes, we stay true to our values:
We want to create an environment where champions are enabled in every area of the company. We want to hire people who have the desire and potential to do great things. We want to give people the freedom and responsibility to become champions as part of a professional team.
Montana Instruments is located in Bozeman, Montana, a vibrant town at the foot of the Bridger Mountains within an hour of three great ski hills, several world-classfly-fishing rivers, and plenty of adventure (Yellowstone National Park is just 90 minutes south).
Bozeman is Montana’s biggest tech hub and home to quantum companies like Teledyne, Flir, and ADVR Incorporated, as well as Spectrum Lab and the Borys Lab at Montana State University. It is one of the fastest-growing cities of its size in the nation and regularly recognized as one of America's "coolest" cities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.