Production Technician I
About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments is the premier cryogenics company accelerating quantum discovery. We build market-leading systems for our partners in the quantum journey and have enjoyed 10+ years of validated success.
We Are Looking For:
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech Company in Bozeman Montana, is seeking a Production Technician I. The Production Technician I is responsible for integrating subassemblies and components into both custom and standard finished products. This includes building, testing, troubleshooting, and shipping preparation. They may also be responsible for building and testing more complex and specialized subassemblies.
- Integrate options into the customers system including wiring feedthroughs, microscopes, magnets, custom sample mounts, piezo-electric positioners, RF cabling, fiber feedthroughs, and turbo vacuum pumps
- Working closely with engineering and other production personnel to ensure system specifications are met
- Test and troubleshoot various components within systems including mechanical design, wiring harnesses, PCBs, piezo-electrics, compressors, and vacuum pumps
- Read, interpret, and execute engineering drawings and sales information to successfully integrate and ship customer orders
- Support corrective action initiatives by providing feedback and recording all production issues
- Ensure equipment and work area is clean, safe, and well maintained
- 0-3 years’ relevant work experience
- 2-year technical degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Able to perform work under a microscope
- Able to work with small tools such as tweezers, fine screwdrivers and soldering irons
- Ability to solder through-hole and surface mount components
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- High attention to detail, there are often many steps involved in integration and testing of products
- Calm under pressure, able to address problems when they arise and take appropriate actions, involve others when needed
- Escalate issues and concerns (safety, quality, production) to supervisor
- Obsessed with quality and workmanship
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Work is typically performed at a bench and may include walking or standing for periods of time
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- May work evenings or weekends to meet deadlines
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Company HSA Seed
- Company paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401k matching up to 3%
- PTO, personal days, sick days and company paid holidays
- Company sponsored team events
Montana Instruments Values:
In all that Montana Instruments accomplishes, we stay true to our values:
We want to create an environment where champions are enabled in every area of the company. We want to hire people who have the desire and potential to do great things. We want to give people the freedom and responsibility to become champions as part of a professional team.
Montana Instruments is located in Bozeman, Montana, a vibrant town at the foot of the Bridger Mountains within an hour of three great ski hills, several world-class fly-fishing rivers, and plenty of adventure (Yellowstone National Park is just 90 minutes south).
Bozeman is Montana’s biggest tech hub and home to quantum companies like Teledyne, Flir, and ADVR Incorporated, as well as Spectrum Lab and the Borys Lab at Montana State University. It is one of the fastest-growing cities of its size in the nation and regularly recognized as one of America's "coolest" cities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.