CRYOSTATION® - Optical Cryostats
The CRYOSTATION® line has evolved from the original Montana Instruments system, which set new standards of performance and usability in a closed-cycle optical cryostat. Today, the CRYOSTATION® is available in a variety of configurations with additional options and add-ons to fit the unique needs of each researcher and experiment.
- Low thermal fluctuations and sub nanometer vibrations provide a stable measurement environment
- Wide temperature ranges with fast cooldowns make the instrument more productive
- Closed-cycle operation means no helium is consumed, so users avoid the high costs, uncertain supply, and challenging operation associated with liquid cryogens
- Straightforward user interface and fully-automated control system increases experimental efficiency
- Incredible sample, electrical, and optical access provides total experiment flexibility
- Fully-integrated, turn-key design gets you up and running quickly with minimal effort
- Tabletop design integrates into existing setups and can be moved easily
3.2K base, 10mK ptp stability, 5nm ptp vibrations, ø53mm: Well-suited for a variety of experimental setups requiring the lowest possible temperatures, vibrations, and cooldown times.
Cryo-Optic (CO): Integration of a room temperature Cryo-Optic high NA objective (vertically mounted) into the sample space.
Magneto-Optic (MO): Integration of a 0.7T bipolar magnet with 5 optical access ports.
(Fusion) 3.2K base, 10mK ptp stability, 10nm ptp vibrations, ø95mm: Volume optimized to provide room for additional equipment with integrated pre-lagged wiring.
Cryo-Optic (CO): Integration of a room temperature Cryo-Optic high NA objective (horizontally mounted) into the sample space.
(Nanoscale Workstation) 4.3K base, 20mK ptp stability, 15nm ptp vibrations, ø195mm: Offers a large flexible sample space with the ability to integrate components directly onto the cold breadboard platform.
Cryo-Optic (CO): Custom integration of a room temperature Cryo-Optic high NA objective (horizontally mounted) into the sample space.
|Series Architecture Letter||Sample Chamber Class #||Add-On Modules (abbr.)|
|System design & mounting schemes, cooling technology, performance & feature levels||Size & features inside the sample chamber and on the cold platform||Integrated modules which add additional capabilities for specific applications|
|>>Compare Architectures||>>Compare Size Classes||>>Explore Integrations|
|Key Features||Key Benefits|
|Cryostat||Ultra-stable closed-cycle optical cryostat|
|Sample Space||Tabletop mounting architecture|
|Thermal Stability||Rock solid temperature stability|
|Mechanical Stability||Vibrations are no longer a concern|
|Sample Drift||CTE-cancelling sample platform|
|User Interface||Control via Windows based software on mini-laptop computer|
|Remote Interface||TCP/IP and LabVIEW|
|Control Unit||Powerful built-in electronics|
|Compressor||Variable Flow Helium compressor|
|Sample Mounting||Sample in vacuum|
|Optical Substrates||Fused silica AR coated 400-1000nm|